Tooth whitening is a quick, effective and safe procedure to give you a smile that you want to show the world.
With time our teeth can appear darker in colour, this is a combination of normal ‘wear and tear’ and dietary habits including Tea, coffee, red wine, curries which all contribute to darker looking teeth.
Enlighten Tooth Whitening System
This is our gold standard tooth whitening system. It is the ONLY tooth whitening system in the world to guarantee a VITA B1 shade — this is the whitest shade on the dentists shade guide. Enlighten is acknowledged as the most effective tooth whitening system in the world.
The Key Features of the enlighten Whitening System are:
- Guaranteed B1 shade with 98% success rate
- Results achieved in 2 weeks
- ‘No pain more gain’ The only whitening brand to give guaranteed long lasting results with LOW sensitivity
- Whiten up to 16 shades whiter
- Completely safe does not harm enamel
- Easy to use
- Gels have a ‘unlimited shelf life’
You will require a thorough dental examination in order to assess your suitability for the treatment. We need to ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy prior to tooth whitening in order for you to get the best possible results. Any cavities or leaking fillings must be treated first.
Impressions are then taken of the upper and lower teeth and from these whitening trays are made which are tailored to your mouth. These are thin and comfortable and must be worn for 14 nights whilst you sleep. You will be shown how to apply the gel to the trays by your Dentist.
On day 15 you will have an appointment for in surgery whitening which lasts approximately 1 hour. At this visit a stronger gel is used to complete the whitening process.
Please note the shade of any existing crowns or white fillings will NOT change, these may need to be changed once whitening has been completed to desired shade.
In order to maintain the new shade of your teeth it is recommended that you whiten for one night every 2, 3 or 4 months, this will depend on your dietary habits.
Your Enlighten Whitening Kit will include:
- Enlighten tooth serum. This is used prior to whitening to ensure your teeth are in the optimum state ready for your treatment and can also be used during your treatment as a replacement for your usual toothpaste.
- Evoseal sensitivity gels — to ensure maximum comfort during treatment.
- Custom made whitening trays, made from impressions of your teeth.
- 2 week home whitening kit, to allow your teeth to be gently whitened and the surface stains and deeper stains on your teeth to be gradually lifted.
- 1 hour surgery booster treatment.
The total cost of the treatment is £550. For severe cases where 4 weeks treatment is necessary the total cost will be £650.
Enlighten Case Examples
Boutique Tooth Whitening System
The same Procedure will apply to Boutique Whitening system as the Enlighten system.
Key features of Boutique are:
- Safe: Boutique Whitening is a safe, effective way to enhance your smile.
- Effective and Convenient: Boutique Whitening is one of the safest options for a brighter and whiter smile. The special whitening gel uses a gentle peroxide formula as the primary ingredient to brighten a smile and is readily used by millions of people worldwide.
- You can expect results after 3 to 4 applications. However, to obtain the optimum natural whiteness of your teeth, we recommend that you use the home kits every day for 2 weeks Advice and back-up until desired whitening has been achieved
The total cost of Boutique whitening is £299.
What are the risks?
Tooth whitening is a highly effective, non damaging way to improve the appearance of your teeth. One of the commonest side effects is sensitivity during the process and for a short time afterwards. This is usually mild and wears off after 24-48 hours, but can be more severe in patients with already sensitive teeth or in patients with cracked, chipped or worn teeth. Your dentist will warn you of the likelihood of this at your initial consultation. Any sensitive dentine, for example, around the necks of the teeth can be sealed prior to whitening. The mouth and lips can become dry and lip balms will help to relieve this.
Do I need to change my diet?
Which high staining foods do I need to avoid? The answer is NONE at all. With Enlighten you can achieve great results with no changes to your existing diet.